Primary Care Services
What are Clusters, and what is the Penderi Cluster?
Clusters are a consortium of GP Practices situated in a close geographical area. They look at local health and wellbeing needs and issues.
They explore what can be done to improve health and wellbeing in its community, within their working capacity.
Clusters work collaboratively with a range of health, social care and voluntary sector professionals.
- Focus on preventing ill health, enabling people to keep themselves well and independent for as long as possible.
- Develop the range and quality of services that are provided in the community.
- Ensure services provided by a wide range of health and social care professionals in the community are better co-ordinated to local needs.
- Improve communication and information sharing between different health, social care and voluntary sector professionals.
- Facilitate closer working between community based and hospital services, ensuring that patients receive a smooth and safe transition from hospital services to community based services and vice versa.